Friday 1 October 2010

Maniacal pricing!

CASE 1
So I decide I will go for a movie, Check how much money I have in my wallet. I have about 200 bucks. Decide I can go ahead with the movie plan.

Ticket - 120 bucks
Snacks - 50-60 bucks
Parking - 10 - 20 bucks


You see with the 200 Bucks I could watch a movie quite comfortably.

CASE 2
So I decide I will go for a movie, Check how much money i have in my wallet. I have about 200 bucks. OOPS, that wouldnt do since I wanted to watch at Escape

At Escape:
Ticket - 120 bucks
Snacks - 100-120 bucks
Parking - 60 bucks

See its impossible with 200 Bucks.

A samosa is priced at 60 bucks. Ok i am willing to let go of the prices of the snacks, but the parking is just ridiculous. Why should I pay half the price of the ticket for just parking? Something must be done about this stupidity. I am not going to be blaming Escape for this, its the Express Avenue mall in which the theater is situated. The price I am talking about is only the two wheeler pricing on weekdays. Its more expensive on weekends. Double almost(i think)

So if you are watching a movie on a weekend and you go by car, there is a good chance you pay more for parking than the ticket itself!

1 comment: