Wednesday 3 November 2010

Shadiness/weirdness personified

I just came back from Bangalore last night and boy I am sooooo glad I back to singara Chennai. I got a lot of work done and it was a fruitful trip and all but otherwise the trip was only so so. Don’t give me the look; I have good explanation for making such a statement.

My friend Apoorva and I landed in Bangalore at 0400 hours. It was cold and dark, so decided to wait a bit till we proceeded towards where we were staying. Spent one boring hour waiting for the time to go by in the waiting room at the railway station. Finally at around 0500 hours we decided to get a bus. We were clueless as to where the terminus was and when we asked a few people they weren’t too helpful except one kind soul who took us to the bus terminus and told us which bus to board and where to stand et al. While we were doing just that, there was this shady guy staring at us. Here I must add he is probably the shadiest guy I have come across. We gave him the stop looking at us like that you douchebag, did not work. Next we moved away from that place, he followed us there. Meanwhile a bus arrived and the conductor told us it goes to the desired destination.

Happily we got into the bus thinking we lost the shady dude. Sadly we did not. He followed us to the bus too. He did not back off. I was dead scared. So we complained to this uncle later on and it worked.

That was one reason. Next being the buses don’t give you the ticket sometimes, or they take it back at the end of the journey and sell to someone else. Who does that? I was so shocked when I saw this. There was one bus we took where the driver was doing the job of the conductor too. Two in one. Again where does this ever happen? Weird isn’t it?

A lot of people refused to be friendly too. I mean when you ask them for routes, they act like I asked them some part of their property or something. Crazy people I tell you. I am not denying that there were some nice people who did help or at least tried to. There was a cobbler who refused to stitch my friend’s chappal. It got so frustrating so ran down to a store to buy some pin to temporarily fix it. To my surprise no shop had pins. They were telling me to go to a shop 2 streets away for a small pin. Why wouldn’t any normal shop have pins?

Haven’t I given enough reasons to justify my earlier statement?

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious trip u have ever had actually. Wish i was there to make it even more hilarious.
    Very neatly written. Good style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes you should have been there! Remember the Bangalore trip we took some 8 years ago? I was upset thw whole time that i couldnt watch TV? :P

    thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, but u woke up in the middle of the night and were asking about who won and all :P

    PS i know you will deny it!

    ReplyDelete